New Counselor Academy
Today’s enrollment environment is fiercely competitive. New Counselor Academy is a professional development course that rapidly equips newer advisors to thrive in these market conditions with a consultative selling approach. The training is designed to make them immediately more effective at selling their institution to prospective students. It includes an instructor coaching session to practice interviewing and overcoming objections using the skills learned.
Appropriate for undergrad or graduate admissions staff with less than 1 year of experience.
- Participants will understand the elements of consultative selling, including:
– effective student engagement
– relationship building
– structuring interviews
– overcoming objections
– setting goals and managing the funnel
- Counselors will understand the importance of emotional intelligence in the recruiting process and how to continually develop it.
- Counselors will develop an understanding of strategic communication across various channels and how to leverage social media.
This training module is approximately 8 hours of instruction in a 1 or 2 day session, delivered onsite or remote. It can be tailored to fit your training needs.
Curriculum Design Elements – With live instruction through a series of customized modules, our instructors embrace a comprehension, reflection, application learning model. This model allows information and strategies to be shared (comprehension), adequate time for participants to evaluate where that information can best be applied to maximize impact in their own work (reflection), and encouragement to practice new skills in a safe and controlled environment (application).
Inroads Analytics is committed to providing quality learning and development programs that position your enrollment teams to win. We partner with each of our campuses for ongoing assessment of training objectives to ensure that mutual objectives are met.
- A survey immediately following the training to measure reaction
- A survey 30 days following the training to measure learning over time
- A behavioral evaluation tool for the director of admissions (if desired)
- Current and end of year enrollment funnel data compared to goals
Accelerate your team and win more Commits!